Main body 1
How to make a cardboard/paper briquette…
- We’ve used brown cardboard, flat cardboard (like for a cereal box) or newspaper.
- At first we were ripping things up by hand…
- Then we started using the shredder
- At a recent workshop, Tim introduced the idea of “paddling” the mixture rather than slowly agitating it over a few days
What you will need……
A paper briquette/log maker, typically around £10 – see on right
What you have to do……
We are currently looking into how to reduce the amount of cardboard that is leaving the island.
Ideas we are thinking about:
- Encouraging folk to make briquettes
- Finding a way to make briquettes on a larger scale in a sensible fashion
- Sell shredded paper for people to make cardboard briquettes at home
- Offer folk the chance to come and shred their own stuff to take away (for a contribution towards running costs).